Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening Word documents stored in iCloud on iPad

I'd like to be able to use my iPad to access the many Word docs I have stored in iCloud. How do I get access to iCloud storage from Word on my iPad? All I see in the "Add a Place" menu in Word is a list of other cloud-based storage, but not iCloud. I've created many Word documents on my Mac that I want to be able to access and edit on my iPad. How do I do this?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 12:50 PM

Hello Sheloolie and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have some questions about accessing Word documents on an iPad.

Start here:

Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

Use the Finder on the Mac to create a new folder for those Word docs on iCloud Drive. Once you've created the folder, move the Word docs from their current storage location to the new iCloud Drive folder. Depending on the number of files, you may need to allow some time for the folder to sync.

Once you've put the docs in an iCloud Drive folder, you can use either the Files app (Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support) to navigate to that folder and access the docs inside of it.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2019 12:50 PM in response to Sheloolie

Hello Sheloolie and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have some questions about accessing Word documents on an iPad.

Start here:

Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

Use the Finder on the Mac to create a new folder for those Word docs on iCloud Drive. Once you've created the folder, move the Word docs from their current storage location to the new iCloud Drive folder. Depending on the number of files, you may need to allow some time for the folder to sync.

Once you've put the docs in an iCloud Drive folder, you can use either the Files app (Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support) to navigate to that folder and access the docs inside of it.

Cheers.

Opening Word documents stored in iCloud on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.