Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I purchase a factory unlocked Iphone from Dubai but use it overseas like in India. Will Facetime work?

if I purchase a factory unlocked Iphone from Dubai but use it overseas like in India. Will Facetime work or is it permanently locked in the device and the setting wont change when travelling overseas where such restriction do not exist

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 12:47 AM

Since Dubai is in UAE, you may not be able to...

You can use FaceTime over Wi-Fi1 or over cellular on supported iOS or iPadOS devices. FaceTime isn’t available or might not appear on devices purchased or used in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Pakistan. 

However, with iOS 11.3 and later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Saudi Arabia. And with iOS 12.4 or later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Pakistan

Update your device to get FaceTime in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2019 12:47 AM in response to anishgupta

Since Dubai is in UAE, you may not be able to...

You can use FaceTime over Wi-Fi1 or over cellular on supported iOS or iPadOS devices. FaceTime isn’t available or might not appear on devices purchased or used in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Pakistan. 

However, with iOS 11.3 and later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Saudi Arabia. And with iOS 12.4 or later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Pakistan

Update your device to get FaceTime in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...

if I purchase a factory unlocked Iphone from Dubai but use it overseas like in India. Will Facetime work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.