Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get 13.2 for homepod?

My phone upgraded to 13.2, but the Homepod is still on 12.4. I understand that Homepod is supposed to update automatically in the background, but it seems it hasn't. Is this because updates are scheduled for users where some get the update earlier than others? Is there a way to update manually?

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 8:37 AM

There is a bug in the iOS 13.2 release for HomePod, which has now been withdrawn, which could brick the device if you attempt to reset it or remove if from the Home app. You'll need to wait for this upgrade to be reissued. If you have a pending update that is trying to download turn off automatic updates for HomePod, force quit the Home app, and power cycle your device. If you have updated to iOS 13.2 do not attempt to reset the device or remove if from the Home app as part of any troubleshooting. There is a rather indistinct disclaimer at the top of Reset HomePod - Apple Support.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2019 8:37 AM in response to shermanfromsan jose

There is a bug in the iOS 13.2 release for HomePod, which has now been withdrawn, which could brick the device if you attempt to reset it or remove if from the Home app. You'll need to wait for this upgrade to be reissued. If you have a pending update that is trying to download turn off automatic updates for HomePod, force quit the Home app, and power cycle your device. If you have updated to iOS 13.2 do not attempt to reset the device or remove if from the Home app as part of any troubleshooting. There is a rather indistinct disclaimer at the top of Reset HomePod - Apple Support.

tt2

How do I get 13.2 for homepod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.