Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My family members can’t open the Apple Music application without purchasing a subscription

I have a family sharing for Apple Music . When my family open the app it’s asking to purchase a subscription.

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 10:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 7:18 AM

Hello Linviva77,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that when your family tries to access your Apple Music Family subscription, they are prompted to sign up for one.

Take a look at this article called If you don't see your family's shared content and go through the steps with each family member to ensure that everything is setup appropriately for each family member in your Family Sharing group.

If you still need assistance after trying the steps in this article, contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2019 7:18 AM in response to Linviva77

Hello Linviva77,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that when your family tries to access your Apple Music Family subscription, they are prompted to sign up for one.

Take a look at this article called If you don't see your family's shared content and go through the steps with each family member to ensure that everything is setup appropriately for each family member in your Family Sharing group.

If you still need assistance after trying the steps in this article, contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

My family members can’t open the Apple Music application without purchasing a subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.