Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple Music Internet Radio Problems

I have been using iTunes since its initial release to listen to internet radio stations. This has worked great until the new Music app, internet radio stations are now part of "Apple Music Radio".

These streams used to be free, but now as part of Apple Music are subject to the one-stream restriction. If another family member is using Apple Music I can no longer listen to a FREE internet radio broadcast (mostly local FM stations as my area gets poor FM reception). If I try playing the station, my family member gets kicked off.

I've resorted to using either web players or the TuneIn app (yuck) for now. You can't play the station without being signed in to Apple Music either. I find it borderline offensive that Apple would require payment and subscription to stream something that isn't theirs and is streamed free (ad supported) by the station.

Has anyone found a way to use the new Music App to stream (non-Apple Music) internet radio stations without it counting against your stream limit?

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 12:14 PM

I've made a web page that lists the Internet radio stations from iTunes that are not listed in Music and describes how you can access them in the new app. Hopefully you can find what you're looking for at iTunes | Internet Radio.

tt2

3 replies

New Apple Music Internet Radio Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.