Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

former employee is unable to unlock the iPad

If my business is the legal, verifiable owner of an iPad and a former employee is unable to unlock the iPad, has Apple provided a way for my business to set the iPad back to factory settings?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 6:09 PM

I have not done this myself, but I've been told that providing proof of ownership at an Apple store will mean they can help reset it.

So a receipt showing the company owns it and proof you work for the company should do the trick.

~Lyssa

6 replies

Oct 29, 2019 2:36 PM in response to jtt1234

Thank you. But I meant to explain that an employee signed into a personal Apple account on the iPad so we are locked out and cannot access it at all. The employee is no longer with the business and unreachable. The video you referenced does not cover this situation, if I understood it correctly. Any other suggestions would be most welcomed. Thanks,

Nov 5, 2019 5:44 AM in response to starfishltd

I've done this a few times now for the company i work for.

Call Enterprise Support 1 866 752 7753 8am - 8pm Central time. Ask for the Activation Lock Form, they will email it to the email you provide and as long as you have Proof of Purchase then approximately 6-10 days they will email you when they have unlocked the device. At this point you will have 30 days to fix that iPad before the clear code disappears and need to restart this whole process.

former employee is unable to unlock the iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.