Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.9.5.5 not loading all music

Hi,

I'm having a problem with iTunes 12.9.5.5. It's not loading all of the music from the library.

I recently had to reinstall the OS from a Catalina debacle and get everything back up to Mojave, so iTunes was wiped and reinstalled. My music is on a thumb drive, so it was unaffected. I loaded I tunes, pointed it at the right folder on my thumb drive, but not all music will load. It's there in the folder but won't appear in the iTunes window. I didn't have a problem with this setup until now.

It looks like the only music loading is purchased music. I checked the settings and the "All Music" view is checked. I tried resetting the link to the music folder to the HD and then setting it again to the thumb drive. I don't know what else to do. Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,

Holly

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 2:50 PM

Hi Holly,

I assume you pointed it to the right folder when starting up iTunes for the first time.

What happens now if you go to File > Add to Library are you able to add the missing music this way?

Another thing you could try is dragging the music on the flash drive directly into your iTunes library and see if it works this way.

I hope this helps.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2019 2:50 PM in response to HollySouthern

Hi Holly,

I assume you pointed it to the right folder when starting up iTunes for the first time.

What happens now if you go to File > Add to Library are you able to add the missing music this way?

Another thing you could try is dragging the music on the flash drive directly into your iTunes library and see if it works this way.

I hope this helps.

iTunes 12.9.5.5 not loading all music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.