Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist and library

I have a couple questions. 1. why does my playlist have over 7,000 songs and my library only has a little over 1,300? Aren't songs added to my playlist suppose to automatically add to my library? and 2. Why will my music not remember the last song I was listening to? So often when I get in my car, my music always jumps to the very first song in my playlist rather than just continuing where I left off, especially if my phone was hooked up via my cable. In fact, if it was hooked up with my cable, it will switch back to my library instead of staying in my playlist.

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 7:02 AM

The answer to the first:

You can add music to your playlist without actually adding it to your library. To add it to your library click the + sign and it will be added.

The second i'm not 100% sure why it doesn't. Have you tried restarting or hard restarting your device and trying it again?

4 replies

Oct 30, 2019 7:42 AM in response to Drew_Wilson

Yes, I understand that, but that only applies to new music. There is no plus sign for music already in your playlist or library. If I go to system preferences, there is a button that says that it will transfer music automatically from my playlist to the library, but that doesn't work either. It just doesn't make sense, if it's in a playlist, it should be in the library as well. I only started the playlist because I used to be with Spotify. The only way to shuffle music in Spotify is to have it in a playlist, so when I switched to Apple Music, I just continued the same process. And the only reason I want to have them in my library, is because of how it automatically switches to my library after using the cable connection. Thank you for trying.

Playlist and library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.