Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7th Gen iPod Touch External Mic?

Hello,

I am trying to connect a MOVO VXR50 STEREO MIC with a TRRS connector to an iPod Touch 7th Generation's 3.5 mm jack to record better audio when shooting video.

Does anyone in the community know if the iPod Touch accepts external audio input through the 3.5 mm jack or would I have to connect through the Lightning connector (if that is possible as well)?

VXR50 Pro Stereo Mic This is a professional X/Y stereo microphone (60Hz-18kHz frequency response), with a compact size that makes it easy to mount to your smartphone. An integrated shockmount reduces incidental handling noise, and included foam and furry "deadcat" windscreens make it easy to record indoors or outdoors. Includes adapter cable to work out the box with any iOS, Android, or other smartphone.

https://www.movophoto.com/collections/smartphone-video-kits/products/movo-smartphone-video-kit-v7-with-grip-rig-pro-stereo-microphone-led-light-wireless-remote-for-iphone-5-5c-5s-6-6s-7-8-x-regular-and-plus-samsung-galaxy-note-more

iPod Touch

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 7:20 AM

2 replies

Nov 4, 2019 3:10 PM in response to jasontalbert

Hi jasontalbert,

Thanks for posting your question! I see you're wondering about using an external microphone with an iPod Touch 7th Generation, and I'm glad to see how I can assist.

Generally speaking, the 3.5mm jack would be audio output only, but you'll find a great many external microphones that will work through the Lightning connector. For example, these are from the Apple Online Store, and work through the Lightning port:

Shure MV88+ Video Kit with Digital Stereo Condenser Microphone

RØDE Microphones VideoMicro Mobile Kit

For the best answer, I recommend getting directly in touch with the manufacturer of the microphone. I notice the compatibility covers iPhone and Android, but it doesn't mention iPad or iPod Touch, so the manufacturer would be in the best position to answer your question.

Take care.

7th Gen iPod Touch External Mic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.