Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Finish changing your password" alert not going away

On MacBook Pro running macOS 10.14.6 Mojave I get this message very often with subject "Finish changing your password" and says "your password also protects access to data stored in iCloud. To finish changing your password, enter your new Password in Settings while connected to the internet."

This message was also appearing even before I upgraded to Mojave, and it started appearing the first time I changed my laptop's password. I was never able to do anything to fix this.

Details

When I click the notification balloon I see the following:

Clicking "continue" does not do anything useful except to show me another pop up with the exact same message.

I click on "details" next, and it just dismisses the new pop-up without anything happening.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Where am I supposed to enter the new password? What Settings is the message referring to?

Thanks,

Dex

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 9:56 AM

Have you tried signing out of iCloud and back in?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

Similar questions

3 replies

"Finish changing your password" alert not going away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.