Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downgrade from iOS 13.1.3 to iOS 12.4.2

Hi.

I have a 6s Plus.

Can I downgrade from iOS 13.1.3 to iOS 12.4.2

If I can downgrade my iOS, where do I find iOS 12.4.2?

thanks

Bob

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 3:55 PM

Hi

I get my 6s Plus is getting old.

it was working great on iOS 12.4.1.

I wish I hadn’t updated to iOS 13.1.3

Also, it made no sense to upgrade from a perfectly working device to an Iphone 11 that doesn’t support 5G.

If the Iphone 12 (or whatever they call it) supports 5G then I’ll upgrade in the fall of 2020.

My 6s Plus has been a great device.

thanks

Bob

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2019 3:55 PM in response to sberman

Hi

I get my 6s Plus is getting old.

it was working great on iOS 12.4.1.

I wish I hadn’t updated to iOS 13.1.3

Also, it made no sense to upgrade from a perfectly working device to an Iphone 11 that doesn’t support 5G.

If the Iphone 12 (or whatever they call it) supports 5G then I’ll upgrade in the fall of 2020.

My 6s Plus has been a great device.

thanks

Bob

Oct 31, 2019 12:29 AM in response to deggie

Hi

i haven’t tried iOS 13.2 yet.

I’ve had iPhones since the 3GS.

Technical testing?

This is pretty simple for me, the only thing that changed is my update to IOS 13.1.3

My 6s Plus was working fine using iOS 12.4.1.

Now I get screen shuttering while scrolling

My apps are slow to open

Just the overall performance of my phone on the latest iOS is what I’m noticing.

One other thing I’ve started to notice is my battery appears to discharge more overnight while the phone is sitting on dresser.

It almost appears to me there are processes going on while the phone is supposed to be asleep.

I can stop this from happening if I enable “low battery mode” while the phone is sleeping overnight.

It’s my understanding while the phone is in low battery mode one of the features is it shuts down background processes.

My wife has an identical 6s Plus running iOS 12.4.1

I usually update my iOS first to see how my phone performs.

I’m leaving her iOS on 12.4.1, possibly go to 12.4.2

thanks

Oct 31, 2019 2:47 AM in response to Swiftrunbob

You should try 13.2, which is the latest, it fixes bugs and improves performance.

And you also cannot install 12.4.2/12.4.3 on devices capable of running iOS 13, those 12.4.2/12.4.3 updates were only released for older iPhones not capable of supporting iOS 13 at all, like the 5s, the 6 and 6 Plus, iPod touch 6th gen and some older iPads aswell.

But the last version of iOS 12 for every other iPhone that also gets iOS 13 is 12.4.1, and then they continue with 13.0, 13.1 etc...

Dec 2, 2019 10:28 PM in response to AKRBTN

If Apple doesn't support for downgrade or even crerte a 13.3.x one that perform normally , then how can I get my Iphone working as before using the IOS 12.4.x.x version ..

Now my Iphone is not only useless for me, but also drive me crazy because it doesn't respond to my commands and another time it makes it's own commands when I didn't touch screen at all.

Dec 2, 2019 10:29 PM in response to monoMa

If Apple doesn't support for downgrade or even crerte a 13.3.x one that perform normally , then how can I get my Iphone working as before using the IOS 12.4.x.x version ..

Now my Iphone is not only useless for me, but also drive me crazy because it doesn't respond to my commands and another time it makes it's own commands when I didn't touch screen at all.

If Apple didn't fix this issue , I will throw this mobile to garbage forever & go to Android one.

downgrade from iOS 13.1.3 to iOS 12.4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.