Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina: music, tv, podcast don't see my former iTunes Library

Hi,

I moved to Catalina and now, neither Music, Podcast or ATV see my former iTunes Media library.

In TV and Music, I made the change to the preferences to make both apps point to my external hard drive where all my music and movies are stored. They don't see it.

Podcast is hopeless, it doesn't even let you change the directory. How can I have it read or download and save the podcast to my external drive?

Any idea on how to retrieve my entire collection of music as it was in iTunes, meaning with all star ratings, options, etc...?

Thanks for any help

Steve J

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 6:52 AM

I had this issue. I contacted apple support and they said this it is the Apple Music app looking in the wrong place for your music library.

If you press Alt and then click on the Apple Music icon you will get a option appear. Click ‘choose’ and then find the location if your music library. I think it ends with the file extension .itl

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2019 6:52 AM in response to sjordi

I had this issue. I contacted apple support and they said this it is the Apple Music app looking in the wrong place for your music library.

If you press Alt and then click on the Apple Music icon you will get a option appear. Click ‘choose’ and then find the location if your music library. I think it ends with the file extension .itl

Catalina: music, tv, podcast don't see my former iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.