Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I adjust the volume of my airpods pro?

When wearing and using the Airpods Pro, how do I adjust the volume directly on the airpod?

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 3:10 AM

I also think this is a design flaw. One of the earbuds click controls should be configurable as a volume button. I use my AirPods Pro to listen to a TV, via bluetooth. It is transmitted by a Taotronics bluetooth transmitter. BTW there are plenty of these types of things to use on planes, at gyms, etc. They transmit bluetooth via 3.5mm headphone jack. Very handy!

But the volume on these little transmitters is only adjustable from the device it is plugged into.

To make sure that I have a high enough volume when the TV volume control is maxed, I learned a little work around. You have to first pair the AirPods Pro with your phone, and listen at max volume. Then "disconnect" the device (when volume is at max).

When I then repair to the Taotronic transmitter, there is more range of high volume available from my TV.

This is the only way I could discover to allow me to use the AirPods Pro in this fashion. A physical tap or press gesture on the AirPods Pro would be VERY USEFUL.

When they are connected to non Apple stuff, there's no hey Siri.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2019 3:10 AM in response to MrBill3

I also think this is a design flaw. One of the earbuds click controls should be configurable as a volume button. I use my AirPods Pro to listen to a TV, via bluetooth. It is transmitted by a Taotronics bluetooth transmitter. BTW there are plenty of these types of things to use on planes, at gyms, etc. They transmit bluetooth via 3.5mm headphone jack. Very handy!

But the volume on these little transmitters is only adjustable from the device it is plugged into.

To make sure that I have a high enough volume when the TV volume control is maxed, I learned a little work around. You have to first pair the AirPods Pro with your phone, and listen at max volume. Then "disconnect" the device (when volume is at max).

When I then repair to the Taotronic transmitter, there is more range of high volume available from my TV.

This is the only way I could discover to allow me to use the AirPods Pro in this fashion. A physical tap or press gesture on the AirPods Pro would be VERY USEFUL.

When they are connected to non Apple stuff, there's no hey Siri.

Dec 30, 2019 4:45 PM in response to kellyNYC

I was trying to adjust volume when connecting to non Apple bluetooth transmitter that I use for my TV.

I found that raising the volume on the TV remote wasn't loud enough. The work around is to first raise the volume when the Airpods are paired to iOS device, then unpair. After the are paired to the non apple BT transmitter, they are at max volume. So then the TV volume grants me more volume range.

When paired to non apple stuff the watch doesn't control the volume.

How do I adjust the volume of my airpods pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.