Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to select two albums in apple music?

My apply music library is all out of whack. It seems to have decided that each song by a few of my artists are in fact whole albums. I'd like the search for the artist and then select all their music that is supposed to be in the same album and then do the "get info" thing on multiple items so that it then applied them back together as the album they came from. When I click on any of the album tiles in the search results, even if I hold shift first, it opens the album view - in itunes it used to helpfully expand the album list but then you could shift-click other albums to select. That isn't how Music works any more because apple knows better than its users - so my question is How do i get info on multiple albums at the same time?

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 5:26 AM

Tim St.Clair,

This won't work if you use the Search function, but will if you use the Filter function (View>Show Filter Field)

Its a dumb way of organising things, but least the function is still there.

4 replies

Nov 5, 2019 11:36 AM in response to Tim St.Clair

Hello Tim St.Clair,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that you're wondering how you can select multiple albums in the Music app and use the Get Info option of these albums.

If you want to select multiple items to edit their information in Music, you need to press and hold the Command (⌘) and click each item you want to select.

After you've selected the albums you want, while they are still highlighted and selected, you can then release the Command key and right-click or press the Control (ctrl) key and click on them and click Get Info.

You will be prompted that you're editing multiple items at once and you will be asked to confirm this is what you want to do by clicking "Edit Items".

From here, you can change the information for all items in the albums you selected.

I hope this information helps you!

Cheers.

Nov 5, 2019 3:22 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hello Allen A

When searching for an artist I get search results. If I then HOLD COMMAND and then CLICK ONE ALBUM it switches from the search result view into the album view.

Your suggestion is not possible in the search screen as it turns out, after much research. This is the specific thing I was was asking about.

The only way appears to be to be in Album view and click one album then scroll through the thousand-odd albums COMMAND-CLICKING and hoping you don't mis-click and lose the selection. This is not a satisfactory solution, particularly now that Music has re-classified some of the music and lost most of the album art.

If in ARTIST view at any point you click on an album cover, it plays the album and switches your view and loses your selection. This is a horrible system now.

how to select two albums in apple music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.