Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application not opening

I have a MacBook Pro 13" (2019), so earlier today i downloaded unity hub from the unity website and i tried to install it so i opened the application from the applications tab in finder and it shows a message that "unity hub cannot be opened" i really don’t know what do i do and i need unity hub very badly can anyone help me please. (I have also attached the error message that popped)

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 3:19 AM

8 replies

Nov 1, 2019 8:12 AM in response to etresoft

Gatekeeper: A security feature of macOS designed to ensure that only trusted applications run on a Mac computer. Normally, when an app is downloaded through a web browser, Gatekeeper will either confirm the software is from a verified developer or immediately flag it as suspicious.

Why are you telling an enquirer to bypass Gatekeeper?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Nov 2, 2019 6:38 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Keith Barkley wrote:

Because if they tell us they need something "really badly", they are taking on the risk that it is not malicious.

Apple’s dialog does include the web site where they downloaded the file from. As long as that looks plausible, it is probably fine.

In any event, a future version of macOS will not run unsigned files at all. I don’t know when Apple is going to implement that, but they have been getting quite aggressive with these security mitigations lately. All those Mac developers than only check the Apple web site every 3 or 4 years are going to be in quite a pickle. They might even have to resort to clicking a button! But I’m sure they’ll rant about it on social media for a few weeks first.

Application not opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.