Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music subscription

Alright, so I am looking into a subscription for apple music, and I have music that i paid for without the subscription. If i cancel the subscription, or it runs out, etc, obviously the items from the subscription will be gone, but what about the stuff I paid for pre-subscription?

(Sorry if this is a repeat question)

Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 2:24 PM

Hello PragmaticBody,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that you're wondering what will happen to the music you purchased outside of your Apple Music subscription, if you decide to cancel it later.

As noted in the article, Manage your Apple Music subscription:

"If you cancel Apple Music, you'll lose access to the Apple Music catalog, any music that you added to your Library, and the features of Apple Music when your current subscription period ends.

If you cancel during your trial period, you’ll lose access to the catalog and features of Apple Music immediately."

Any music that you purchased from the iTunes Store or imported from another source will still be available to you.

Before you join Apple Music, please note the following as mentioned in the article, Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC:

"Before you join"

I hope this information helps you!

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2019 2:24 PM in response to PragmaticBody

Hello PragmaticBody,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that you're wondering what will happen to the music you purchased outside of your Apple Music subscription, if you decide to cancel it later.

As noted in the article, Manage your Apple Music subscription:

"If you cancel Apple Music, you'll lose access to the Apple Music catalog, any music that you added to your Library, and the features of Apple Music when your current subscription period ends.

If you cancel during your trial period, you’ll lose access to the catalog and features of Apple Music immediately."

Any music that you purchased from the iTunes Store or imported from another source will still be available to you.

Before you join Apple Music, please note the following as mentioned in the article, Join Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC:

"Before you join"

I hope this information helps you!

Cheers.

Apple music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.