Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chart Axis Range

How do you change the AXIS range in Numbers Chart. I imported my Excel sheet to Numbers. I can not find where one can set the axis range on the chart. Not finding much joy in using Numbers after the new OS killed my Office Excel.

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 6:44 PM

Generally, you select the "thing" then use the format tool on the right to make adjustments pertaining to the "thing". For a chart, select the chart, then open the format tool:

In the format tool, you can set details about the x and y axis by selecting the "Value (x)" and "Value (y)" segment controls

3 replies

Oct 31, 2019 4:50 PM in response to Ted55

On Mobile it is referred to as Y Axis Scale and is under Data. I realize this likely does not apply to you but it may give you a starting point to look if nothing else.

That being said, a document that has been converted from Excel can be opened in Numbers but it is not a true Numbers document and will not always behave the same way. Nowhere is this more true, I find, than in charting. It is possible the option does not exist for a converted document. Depending on the complexity of your document you may wish to copy and paste your data into a fresh Numbers document.

Chart Axis Range

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.