Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

doing a search in iTunes

Okay, I feel dumb asking this but how do you do a search in the Apple iTunes Store using the new music app? (I'm using Catalina on an iMac).

When I open the app, there's a search box in the upper left corner. It's still there when I go to the iTunes Store, but when I enter a search item, it only searches my iTunes library, not the store.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 8:48 AM

When you click in the search box on the left sidebar you should see some buttons on the right side of the screen for "Apple Music", "Your Library", and "iTunes Store." Depending on which one of these buttons is selected dictates where your search is performed.

FYI...if the iTunes Store button does not show up, make sure it is enabled in Preferences > General in the "Show" section.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2019 8:48 AM in response to Bookgal

When you click in the search box on the left sidebar you should see some buttons on the right side of the screen for "Apple Music", "Your Library", and "iTunes Store." Depending on which one of these buttons is selected dictates where your search is performed.

FYI...if the iTunes Store button does not show up, make sure it is enabled in Preferences > General in the "Show" section.

doing a search in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.