Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading from Yosemite to Catalina & I'm stuck in a 2-Factor Authentication Loop?

Upgrading from Yosemite to Catalina & I'm stuck in a 2-Factor Authentication Loop?

There is no way for me to disable it thus I am unable to upgrade my laptop which can in-fact upgrade to Catalina.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 1:20 PM

Hello apple3948,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you have become stuck in a 2-factor authentication loop when trying to upgrade from Yosemite to Catalina. If you could provide some additional information about what symptoms you are seeing, what happens in this "loop" and what you have tried to resolve the issue. We can then see what we can do to help you resolve the issue.

Best regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 1:20 PM in response to apple3948

Hello apple3948,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you have become stuck in a 2-factor authentication loop when trying to upgrade from Yosemite to Catalina. If you could provide some additional information about what symptoms you are seeing, what happens in this "loop" and what you have tried to resolve the issue. We can then see what we can do to help you resolve the issue.

Best regards.

Nov 6, 2019 1:31 PM in response to i_rina

Please sign into your Apple account in the App Store to download Catalina.

"Error: You must approve sign in with code sent to your phone and then type in new password from alert into the password field" (close to something like that).

I get a ding on my phone, see the six digit code, nowhere to type that code in other than the password field in the App Store which doesn't work and gives me the same error.

I login to my Apple ID account and two factor authentication can't be disabled.

Loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.