Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer possible to create calendars on my Mac

I recently had to sign out of iCloud on my MacBook Pro. This created a mess with my calendars because some of my calendars were on iCloud while some others were on my Mac. Now it is no longer possible to have local calendars. The option to create a calendar "on my Mac" has disappeared. I did not have this problem in El Capitan. I'm guessing this is related to my upgrade to Mojave. Is there a way to fix this problem?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 5:27 AM

Ctrl-click under the Birthdays calendar and select New Calendar. That should create a new on On My Mac.

If you don't have the Birthdays calendar enabled, temporarily turn it on in Preferences.

You have to click right below the Birthdays entry. If you are too far below it, this will just create one on the iCloud calendar.

After creating one, you can create new ones in the On My Mac section.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2019 5:27 AM in response to Dex2

Ctrl-click under the Birthdays calendar and select New Calendar. That should create a new on On My Mac.

If you don't have the Birthdays calendar enabled, temporarily turn it on in Preferences.

You have to click right below the Birthdays entry. If you are too far below it, this will just create one on the iCloud calendar.

After creating one, you can create new ones in the On My Mac section.

No longer possible to create calendars on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.