Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch (original) all of a sudden is displaying Airplane Mode. Airplane Mode is turned off on my iPhone. I can't seem to turn this off on my watch. With Airplane Mode on, nothing connects! i.e. it's kind of useless! Did something happen?

My Original Apple Watch is all of a sudden displaying Airplane Mode, without me initiating this, and I can't seem to change this. Airplane Mode is OFF on my iPhone. Nothing is connecting now between the two - what happened? Am I being forced to buy a new watch?!?

Apple Watch

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 10:05 AM

7 replies

Nov 2, 2019 11:01 AM in response to pamelak

Swiping up from the bottom of the display to show the Control Center doean't allow you to tap Airplane Mode to turn it on & off?

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.0.1; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.2; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4.1;  HomePods, audioOS 13.2.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

My Apple Watch (original) all of a sudden is displaying Airplane Mode. Airplane Mode is turned off on my iPhone. I can't seem to turn this off on my watch. With Airplane Mode on, nothing connects! i.e. it's kind of useless! Did something happen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.