Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove 2nd volume after uninstalling bootcamp

I installed windows 10 on a macOS Catalina 15 bootcamp partition. When I was unable to get my bluetooth mouse or keyboard to work, I followed the uninstall procedure in Bootcamp Asst. It indicated that the bootcamp partition would be deleted and that the hard drive would be restored to its pre-bootcamp state.

However, when the process finished, Disk Utility now indicates that there are two volumes on the hard drive Apple SSD, Container disk1.

One is called "Macintosh HD" and is about 10GB in size. The second volume called "Macintosh HD Data" and it has the remainder of the 500 gb disk size.

Interestingly, only Disk Utility shows that 10GB volume. It is not displayed in File Manager or Daisy Disk.

Anyone know what this means or how I restore the pre-bootcamp single volume?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15", 10.15

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 3:46 AM

See About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina - Apple Support for details of the volumes. Do not remove volumes unnecessarily.

From macOS Terminal, post the output of

diskutil list

Similar questions

3 replies

Remove 2nd volume after uninstalling bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.