Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app shows notification

Apple TV app on my Macbook and on my phone shows a notification, but I can't find out what the notification is for.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 11:59 PM

39 replies

Dec 11, 2019 2:08 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Hey Urquhart1244,

Here is a screenshot of the issue, I tried removing it and doing what Lizhair1 said and it does not work. As soon as you restart the Mac the notification is back, as you can see in the screenshot there is nothing inside the app like pending or anything. I don't know if anyone can help but for some reason you asked for a photo and here it is. This notification bubble is super annoying. Please help!! Thanks....

Nov 16, 2019 9:17 AM in response to Raddatz

This was very annoying. Especially to those of us who obsess over stuff like this. It indicates there is something I should take care of, but doesn't let me know what. Drives me nuts. I could remove it from the dock, but it was there in Launchpad too. Then if I ran Apple TV it shows up in the dock in the recently used section, with the darn badge. After about a week it has gone away all by itself. Hope it stays gone, or at least provides some indication of why it is there in the future.

Nov 17, 2019 9:03 PM in response to Raddatz

Yes, so annoying. I don't have it in launchpad. Have also redeemed one year free trial. Even if I hadn't, there's NOTHING in the app that points to where the notification would be (if under account). What happened now, after already starting to think Apple made a misstep with the lackluster shows, is I removed the app from the Dock and will probably never revisit again.

Nov 19, 2019 11:37 PM in response to rudyvillalobos

I was talking to Apple Care about the issue because I couldn't get the app to work on my new Mac but would work on my new iPhone. He said there is a software upgrade coming out to resolve issues with Apple TV, Music and Podcast.......so stay tune. For the users that can't get Apple TV to work and you want to take advantage of your one year free trial co TV Apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID ..............

Dec 23, 2019 2:13 PM in response to omer125

Hi There, I feel your frustration. I am also having the same issue. Quite frankly, Apple really needs to get better at testing App's before including them in an update or IOS upgrade. I hope they fix this soon COME ON APPLE, YOUR A MULTI BILLION $ COMPANY, surely you have smart people who can fix this issue.

Have you had any further luck on finding a solution?

Cheers

A

Apple TV app shows notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.