Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download Snapchat to iPhone 5

I have a iPhone 5s I am currently on iOS 10.3.4 I try to download snapchat it's says it's not compatible then if I go to download instagram it says it need to be iOS 11 or more and that iPhone needs to be updated I go go update there's no updates available I don't have a sim in is that the reason

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 3:34 AM

Are you sure that your iPhone is a 5s?

The latest iOS version for model 5s is 12.4.x.

The latest iOS version for model 5 is 10.3.4.

Check: Settings>General>About>Model Number... and post here the code that you see there.

Regards

Giulio

43 replies

Nov 7, 2019 2:35 AM in response to Dantheman2701

I'm sorry, I probably gave you a false hope, but that was absolutely unwanted. After reading again the specs, this is what I've found in AppStore preview about Snapchat:--> ‎Snapchat on the App Store

If you go down to "Compatibility" there is a sort of contradiction:

Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max... (and then it talks about different devices)

I don't know why they say Requires iOS 10.0 or later (supported by model 5 or 5c), but then those models are not listed for compatibility (only model 5s or later). That's really weird / misleading.

I do not use Snapchat, so, the best thing to do is to contact Snapchat's support team and ask them.

Click here:---> https://support.snapchat.com/en-US

Regards and best of luck.

Giulio

Cannot download Snapchat to iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.