Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers 6.2 exports CSV using semicolons instead of commas

Numbers 6.2 exports CSV using semicolons instead of commas and there is no option to choose which separator to use. Any ideas how to fix this?!

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 8:24 PM

That's probably because your computer or Numbers is set to a region that uses , as the decimal separator.

You can switch temporarily to a region that uses . as a decimal separator, then export, then switch back. Go to File > Advanced > Language and Region ... to switch.

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2019 8:24 PM in response to teomor

That's probably because your computer or Numbers is set to a region that uses , as the decimal separator.

You can switch temporarily to a region that uses . as a decimal separator, then export, then switch back. Go to File > Advanced > Language and Region ... to switch.

SG

Nov 3, 2019 10:37 PM in response to SGIII

Hehe. That did it. Thanks a lot! I have a new Mac and set it up differently I guess... I had probably customized the old one to use the . as a decimal separator and forgot to do that on the new one too.

PS: I actually thought about this as being the reason, but didn't seem right to me. It still doesn't :)

Numbers 6.2 exports CSV using semicolons instead of commas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.