Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud recovery key

icloud back up recovery key

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 8:43 AM

3 replies

Nov 8, 2019 1:21 PM in response to laurenadine

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, MAM1925.

If I understand your post correctly, you need to access your Apple ID recovery key. I’d like to help.

Follow the steps here:

What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

See the full article here:

Two-step verification for Apple ID

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Nov 8, 2019 2:58 PM in response to chuck_3rd

I just got a new Iphone and a newer ipad. I also have a desktop iMac and a older ipad.. when i try to go and do a backup to icloud,( which has cost me .99 a month for years) on the old ipad it requests a recovery key.. I bought the old ipad in 2008 i believe.. i do not remember ever having a recovery key and have done my best to look in the old paper work to see if i can find a number, i do keep pretty good records and have had no luck... After reading this page for community support, i have repeatedly signed into the Apple Id page. While i see a place to change passwords, i can find no recovery key change button under security or any other area.... i even tried what i thought was a good idea, to put in my password and the (one of many) current verification codes i have been receiving.. it will not accept letters and no more than maybe 7-8 spaces for numbers.. Thank you for your effort to help... but not all of us have an access to a "create a new recovery key" option.. the older ipad says recovery key needed if you do not have access to a password or a trusted device.. which i have both.. I have to use the password to get to the place to enter the recovery key.. after receiving the verification code.. i' stumped..

icloud recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.