Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t download any apps without a credit card

It seems that I can’t download any apps including the free ones without having a credit card ugh

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 2:12 PM

Apple may require a valid payment method for verification purposes. You can try setting your account to not need one but you may still find you have to have one to at least start.

Create or use your Apple ID without a payment method - https://support.apple.com/HT204034 - "When you use your Apple ID to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store for the first time, you're asked to enter a payment method so that you can purchase items from the store. Follow these steps if you don't want to associate a payment method with your account."

It could also be you owe money on a previous purchase: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2019 2:12 PM in response to latoya124

Apple may require a valid payment method for verification purposes. You can try setting your account to not need one but you may still find you have to have one to at least start.

Create or use your Apple ID without a payment method - https://support.apple.com/HT204034 - "When you use your Apple ID to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store for the first time, you're asked to enter a payment method so that you can purchase items from the store. Follow these steps if you don't want to associate a payment method with your account."

It could also be you owe money on a previous purchase: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

I can’t download any apps without a credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.