Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my AOL password on my iPhone

How do I change my aol password on my iphone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 8:58 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Hartdance.

If I understand your post correctly, you need to change the password associated with your AOL account on your iPhone. I’d like to help.

To make a change to the password used with your AOL account, you'll need to reach out to AOL for steps to complete that.

Is your iPhone prompting you to enter a new password when you open the Mail app?

If you changed your AOL password and are not being prompted for the new password when you open mail, I'd recommend that you delete the AOL account from your iPhone and then add it again.

Start by tapping Settings > Passwords & Accounts > your AOL account > Delete Account. Then add the account again with these steps:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2019 8:58 AM in response to Hartdance

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Hartdance.

If I understand your post correctly, you need to change the password associated with your AOL account on your iPhone. I’d like to help.

To make a change to the password used with your AOL account, you'll need to reach out to AOL for steps to complete that.

Is your iPhone prompting you to enter a new password when you open the Mail app?

If you changed your AOL password and are not being prompted for the new password when you open mail, I'd recommend that you delete the AOL account from your iPhone and then add it again.

Start by tapping Settings > Passwords & Accounts > your AOL account > Delete Account. Then add the account again with these steps:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Nov 9, 2019 7:26 PM in response to rose_10

Thank you for this response. I did call Apple and Aol and I did delete the Aol account and restore it on my phone , however it was a mess on my computer. I deleted it OK but could not restore it. I had to pay 4.95 to AOL but I got a person who spent 2 hours with me , very patient, and I finally got it back on my computer.

Needless to say I will be reluctant to delete it from my computer in the future!

Karen

How do I change my AOL password on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.