Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up iPhone XR, telling me there is no SIM card

I just purchased an Iphone XR and as I am setting it up it is telling me there is no sim card. Is there supposed to be one in the phone or do I put the one in from my old phone.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 10:18 AM

Hello,

If you have a nano-sim card, depending on your carrier, you should be able to move the old nano-sim card to the iPhone XR. Please move the SIM card over and attempt to activate it. If there are any further issues get in contact with your carrier and have the device information of the iPhone XR available to them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2019 10:18 AM in response to pamelasfon

Hello,

If you have a nano-sim card, depending on your carrier, you should be able to move the old nano-sim card to the iPhone XR. Please move the SIM card over and attempt to activate it. If there are any further issues get in contact with your carrier and have the device information of the iPhone XR available to them.

Setting up iPhone XR, telling me there is no SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.