Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to pay for that??????

I tried to update my old microsoft word and now I have to pay for that????? I want to use the old version, how do I do?thanks

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 11:14 AM

Without enough information provided, I have to guess you upgraded to Catalina, and now your old version of Office doesn't work.

This has a been a constant in the world of computers since the first PCs and Macs were sold. Old software DOES NOT work forever.

If you want to continue using (I assume) Office 2011, you'll have to erase the drive and restore the backup you made before installing Catalina. Otherwise, yes, you need to purchase a newer version. Office 2019 if you want another one-time cost perpetual license, or the subscription version Office 365.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2019 11:14 AM in response to jaqueline211

Without enough information provided, I have to guess you upgraded to Catalina, and now your old version of Office doesn't work.

This has a been a constant in the world of computers since the first PCs and Macs were sold. Old software DOES NOT work forever.

If you want to continue using (I assume) Office 2011, you'll have to erase the drive and restore the backup you made before installing Catalina. Otherwise, yes, you need to purchase a newer version. Office 2019 if you want another one-time cost perpetual license, or the subscription version Office 365.

Do I have to pay for that??????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.