Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv app badge on mac

I just got the new MacBook Pro 13 inch and my Apple TV app shows a badge. I went to the notification settings and the app isn't listed. How do I fix this? I've looked all through the app and googled the question. So far nothing.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 1:18 PM

I had the same issue today as well!

I don't remember what exactly helped to solve it, but I did: sign out of Apple TV app, Reboot the machine, Remove the TV app from dock, launch the TV app directly from Applications folder and then put it back in dock (it disappeared after this last step).

15 replies

Nov 6, 2019 3:35 PM in response to allnight87

Yes, quitting the TV app, then removing it from the Dock, then relaunching and adding it back into the Dock cleared the badge for me. Maybe Apple was just trying to say "Hey, look at me!" and get people to notice the new TV app, but really, that violates their own user interface guidelines. If an app has a badge, opening the app should reveal whatever needs attention -- and there should be a simple way to clear the notification badge. TV app doesn't seem to adhere to ANY of those rules.

apple tv app badge on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.