Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone hangs up every time I answer call

My phone keeps cutting off callers as soon as I answer , I can make calls just can’t receive them , I’ve completed every suggested fix on apple full reset , etc and still won’t work any help !! I have full service everything else works

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 1:50 PM

I am having this problem also:

When attempting to answer a phone call, the screen says "Call Declined" and hangs up.

Outgoing calls work ok.

When I reset my network preferences on the phone, the call answers correctly one time, then fails every time after that. I tried updating to the newest iOS (13.2) after the problem began occurring, but this did not have any affect on the problem. Have only had the phone a week and it started this error a few days after getting the phone. I am thinking maybe the modem or an antenna may be to blame?

It almost looks like it is trying to answer and forward to voicemail at the same time. (see below)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2019 1:50 PM in response to Moff85

I am having this problem also:

When attempting to answer a phone call, the screen says "Call Declined" and hangs up.

Outgoing calls work ok.

When I reset my network preferences on the phone, the call answers correctly one time, then fails every time after that. I tried updating to the newest iOS (13.2) after the problem began occurring, but this did not have any affect on the problem. Have only had the phone a week and it started this error a few days after getting the phone. I am thinking maybe the modem or an antenna may be to blame?

It almost looks like it is trying to answer and forward to voicemail at the same time. (see below)

Phone hangs up every time I answer call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.