Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to figure out iCloud password?

I try to unlock my MacBook Air with Apple password but it says I need my iCloud password. I’ve changed my Apple password several times but still can’t get into my MacBook. Any ideas how to find out this mysterious iCloud password?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 11:35 PM

See this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT202860

5 replies

Nov 5, 2019 10:09 PM in response to volfan865

Hi! Though I am a total newbie at this, I don't use my Apple ID password for any of my devices. I usually have a password that is easy for me to remember, but secure. I write it down. Sorry if my reply isn't much help. If you keep notes on you passwords, just try some of the oldest ones. You might have to talk to AppleCare. If you have used a password that is not your Apple ID, I don't know how you could fix that. Maybe when setting it up you missed a character, or "capitalized" a number. When I write down a password I'll underscore Capital letters (on paper, not in typing them), and indicate if the character is a T or a plus mark, if it is an O, I make it very round, if it is a zero, I make it tall and narrow and cross a line through it. I try to be very consistent in how I write down the passwords. I have a friend who keeps a ring binder with a page in it for each device and each account she signs into. Every time, religiously, every time she makes a change, she goes to her notebook and to the appropriate page and lightly crosses out the old password (which has its origin date beside it), and adds the new password, with its new origin date beside it, so she can always know when she changed it last. She can then reset passwords after whatever time she thinks will be good for the security of her accounts. Number passwords can be kept as fictional phone numbers in an address book, whether on paper or on a smart phone.

There are a lot of ways of keeping track of passwords. One way to create passwords quickly is to create a grid on a piece of paper or on a spreadsheet and have 10 columns 1 through 10 and 10 rows A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K. And then I fill in the box for each coordinant, I keep it in a safe place and when I need a password quickly, I select one, e.g. 3K, and then I put a checkmark above the box. Then for, say, a gmail account, I might make a notation someplace else that the password is 3K.

Maybe not helpful for your problem, but I hope these ideas are useful.

Nov 6, 2019 1:59 PM in response to Jabbadah

Thank you for the reply. I actually had Apple Support on the phone walk me through "recovery mode". It allowed me to reset an Admin password. Apparently it changed somehow, not letting me into my MacBook but getting into my iPhone, etc was not affected. I now have that Admin password to open MacBook and a different password for my apple id.

How to figure out iCloud password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.