Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My speakers crackle when I use snapchat

my speakers recently started to crackle when using snapchat and other apps that use sound

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 8:18 AM

Hello, Unicorns84.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your sound is crackling when using apps. I'd like to help. Does this only happen with apps? For example does it happen with calls or notifications? Besides Snapchat what other apps? Try restarting your iPhone to see if that helps. Also, here's a good article to check out for sound issues: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

How loud is the volume? Does the issue persist if you turn it down?

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2019 8:18 AM in response to Unicorns84

Hello, Unicorns84.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your sound is crackling when using apps. I'd like to help. Does this only happen with apps? For example does it happen with calls or notifications? Besides Snapchat what other apps? Try restarting your iPhone to see if that helps. Also, here's a good article to check out for sound issues: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

How loud is the volume? Does the issue persist if you turn it down?

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers!

Nov 12, 2019 6:05 AM in response to Unicorns84

Hello, Unicorns84.

Thank you for following up with additional details. If the issue is only with Snapchat, use this article as a reference to delete and reinstall the app: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

If that doesn't work, reach out to the App Developer for further help. Also, have you tried lowering the volume when speaking with your son?

Cheers!

My speakers crackle when I use snapchat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.