Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airpods pro hissing

The new Airpods Pro have incredible sound quality and quite good noise cancelling. But has anyone else noticed a hissing sound come from them? It's so bad that my ears keep ringing for hours after taking them off. I might have to return these unfortunately. As good as the sound is, I can't take the constant hissing from them. Anyone else have this issue?

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 4:44 PM

Similar questions

35 replies

Feb 19, 2020 11:29 AM in response to Goodnr10

I am rather frustrated by this situation. I am aware that my noise canceling headphones have an option to cancel noise. But more than that I am frustrated that Apple seems to be the only company that can temporarily charge me for a product replacement that has a manufacturing defect. I mean can you image any other company charging you a second time for a product for them to honor their warranty? I understand I will get the money back when I return the broken ones, but to me this seems wrong.

Nov 11, 2019 11:41 AM in response to CMCMC

Hi CMCMC,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are experiencing a sound concern with your AirPods Pro, and I'd like to help.

There are a few things I'd like to have you test out, to see if it impacts this sound you are describing:

-Are you hearing this sound while in standby, or while on a call or listening to different media?

-Does the sound go away or change when you adjust the volume lower?

-Do you hear this sound when you have a certain noise-control mode enabled, or do you hear it with all three noise-control modes? AirPods Pro Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode - Apple Support.

-If you pair your AirPods Pro with another compatible device, do you hear the same sound? Connect and use your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support.

Keep me posted by replying back with responses to the above questions.

Regards.

Nov 21, 2019 11:45 PM in response to KayneGiordano

I just bought the AirPod pros tonight and am having the same issue. The right bud is awful. There’s a constant hiss in all three noise canceling modes, although it’s worse in isolation and transparency. This is pretty bad, especially for ones priced as premium earbuds. I’m returning them tomorrow if this is the norm. Please let me know. Thank you.

Nov 30, 2019 7:48 PM in response to CMCMC

I too am starting to experience this with my left AirPod Pro. It seems that whenever a sound is made outside the AirPod I start to hear a static sound like when I walk, someone talks, or if I move my head. This tells me that it might be a microphone issue with the left AirPod. If I am still experiencing this I will call Apple Monday. Hopefully it will resolve itself on its own.

Dec 1, 2019 9:30 AM in response to JulianLenz

I'm going to receive the 3rd exchange of airpods pro ... If I envy this problem, frankly, how is it possible to have so much bad luck and why there are very few returns on this subject ?

At the beginning of this problem when they came out, I knew there was already a fault and I was the only one to notice this problem. Apple, is there really a hardware problem, software or are we too sensitive to something? Just, it's not possible that the airpod pro tests never talk about it.

Jan 6, 2020 3:24 AM in response to CMCMC

I had this issue when I changed from one phone to another. There's actually three sound settings for airpods; one is noise cancelling and this removes the hissing. Open the ipod case and in setting; via bluetooth; once connected click on the 'i' for the ipods. This takes you into the settings and the settings can be changed; thus removing the hissing noise!! :) happy days...

Jan 30, 2020 7:16 AM in response to CMCMC

My Airpods hissing very audible in transparency mode, independent of volume, independent of connection even.

I think they let enough ambient noise through without transparency though, so I switched the on-headphones mode control to switching between off/noise-cancelling, instead of the default transparency/noise-cancelling. (settings/bluetooth/airpods/(i)/noisecontrol)

airpods pro hissing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.