Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring files from 6th generation iPad to USB flash drive

Can the Apple Lightening to USB Camera Adapter be used to transfer files to and from my 6th-generation iPad and a USB flash drive? I have the latest iPad IOS on my device.

Anyone know how well that works?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 3:41 PM

6 replies

Nov 7, 2019 3:55 PM in response to writerhoward

Both devices will need to have iPadOS 13.x installed to benefit from the new file transfer features. Also, if you only have the original Apple USB Camera Adapter (i.e, the adapter without an additional Lightning connector that permits simultaneous connection to external power) you may experience difficulties with your iPad being unable to provide sufficient power to your attached USB device - unless you are also using a self-powered USB hub between the adaptor and Memory Stick

The newer Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter (model A1619) overcomes the power issue - as you can simultaneously connect the iPad/Adapter/USB combo to your external charger.

Transferring files from 6th generation iPad to USB flash drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.