Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bussing problem

When I insert a plug in into a channel strip everything works as it should but when I create a bus and lower the volume on the track (we'll just say this is a guitar and amp) the volume of the overall track does go down but at the same time the distortion on the guitar goes away and only comes back if I raise the fader. I hope someone is familiar with this as I have tried everything I could think of.

Thanks.

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 6:48 PM

9 replies

Nov 8, 2019 7:29 AM in response to michalvox

To maintain the same distortion, you will have to make the sends pre fader - however, it is not common practice to put guitar effects on a bus (as the original guitar signal will go down when you lower the fader, but the amount of distorted signal will remain the same, making it seem like there is more distorion on your guitar), so, it is better you put them on the guitar channel strip itself, then the distorion will remain proportional if you lower the volume. Or you can ditch the sends, and set the output of your guitar tracks directly to those buses (in stead of to the stereo out) - either method will work - as opposed to how you have routed it now.

Bussing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.