Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving email no longer has a suggestion for the folder that it may be transferred to from previous history

This was posted on Nov 3rd by someone else. The response was unsatisfactory, querying what the query was relating to. Answer was in fact a waste of time & never followed up. I have the same issue on my iPhone & the question was quite clear to me.

“Since upgrading to ios 13 on ipad, I no longer receive suggestions when moving emails to mailboxes. I have to manually go looking for each mailbox. Quite tedious. Any suggestions how to start this back up?”

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 8:45 PM

4 replies

Nov 8, 2019 2:26 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hard to fathom your gif but I think again the point has been missed.

Previously when I was moving an item from my inbox (or elsewhere) I would be asked if I wanted to move it to a particular folder EXAMPLE I highlight email say about a SPECIFIC bank...I push MOVE...I would be asked if I wanted to move it to that bank.

The email/iPhone would recognise I’d previously transferred that type of email to a SPECIFIC folder

This is now not happening since the last update.

Why?

Is there a work around and/or has Apple just changed the way it works?

Its very annoying taking away something that was very handy & time saving.

Nov 22, 2019 10:15 PM in response to Pak Brad

As usual this “Apple” discussion group is useless. Thought this was a forum to help solve problems/issues but obviously I was wrong.

Would have thought if users were unable to assist then Apple would have people monitoring the discussion group to help.

Again I’ve obviously got it wrong & they want people to “help” themselves regardless of whether an satisfactory answer is obtained or not!!

Moving email no longer has a suggestion for the folder that it may be transferred to from previous history

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.