Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 11 & Apple TV subscription problem

new iPhone 11 bought from EE, showed 1 year Apple TV free subscription on the Apple TV app, when I went for it, it didn’t let me, said this hardware is not qualified for Apple subscription.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 1:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 10:29 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeh I have got it sorted. Had to phone Apple customer service ‭on 0800 048 0408‬ and they asked me to email them a proof of purchase etc. Afterwards they gave me a code while I was on the phone and it worked.

so if anyone got the same problem, easiest way is too give them a call.

thanks

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2019 10:29 AM in response to Prawnyloks

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeh I have got it sorted. Had to phone Apple customer service ‭on 0800 048 0408‬ and they asked me to email them a proof of purchase etc. Afterwards they gave me a code while I was on the phone and it worked.

so if anyone got the same problem, easiest way is too give them a call.

thanks

Nov 10, 2019 6:05 AM in response to rav28

I contacted support via email and they got back to me requesting these three things...

• A screenshot of the error messages you’ve received

• Pictures or scanned images of your proof of purchase for the iPhone

• The version of IOS that you phone is currently running

I replied saying I couldn't supply the first as I no longer got the message and the only option was for me to try free for 1 week. I supplied a copy of my Amazon invoice, and also my version of iOS along with my iPhone serial number just for good measure.

Yesterday evening I received a reply with apologies and a code with instructions so that I could redeem my free year. I followed my instructions and used the code today and my Apple TV+ free year is now up and running 😊

If anyone is still experiencing this issue, then I'd suggest contacting support and hopefully you'll have this fixed too.

New iPhone 11 & Apple TV subscription problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.