Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout Type for Push Ups and Sit Ups

I just got an Apple watch last week. I found that when I do my morning push ups and sit ups (four sets of each total) that the watch registers that I have taken a lot of steps, like about 2,500. I was wondering if I start a workout if it will not log this movement as steps. If I do log this workout, what should I log it as, core training, mixed cardio, functional training, strength training, or something else?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 7:33 AM

If you go into the workout app and scroll down to the botton and tap "add workout" an enormous list of workouts comes on screen,I haven't checked but there may be a workout for push ups etc and if there isnt there should be a very similar one that you could choose instead and failing this there is also a workout type called "other" that you could use.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2019 7:33 AM in response to MikeMcCollister

If you go into the workout app and scroll down to the botton and tap "add workout" an enormous list of workouts comes on screen,I haven't checked but there may be a workout for push ups etc and if there isnt there should be a very similar one that you could choose instead and failing this there is also a workout type called "other" that you could use.

Workout Type for Push Ups and Sit Ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.