Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in Catalina

So my photos are all there, so no panic. But the thing is the Photos tab is missing. I have Memories, Recent and all the others but not All Photos or Photos.

Using MAC PC and problem has been since changing to Catalina.

Any thoughts or fixes thanks?

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 9:16 AM

10 replies

Nov 8, 2019 2:40 PM in response to manselnott

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread)

Next log into another user account and see if the problem persists there in Photos. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

Nov 13, 2019 3:43 PM in response to léonie

I have the same issue.

All other tabs in Photos app in Catalina are there, but the photo's tab is missing. so I cannot view my photo library as a whole and not have the recently added updated features in Catalina such as all the catagorisations.

I reinstalled Catalina and checked the other user accounts to see if this is linked to my account only, but they have the same problem.

I updated my system from Mojave latest update, where everything was always working fine. I updated Catalina to it's latest version and waited for Photolibrary to do it's magic to maybe organize all pictures, but nothing ever happend....still no photos tab and still no day, week, month, year view....

My Library is on the same SSD as Catalina and stored in the regular Pictures folder.

I took a screenshot but my system language is dutch...

Photos in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.