Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod pro call quality

My new AirPod pros sound terrible during phone calls but when I switch to my first GEN AirPods, sound quality is perfect. Why is this happening

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 1:15 PM

The person I’m talking to can hear me just as well as with my gen 1 AirPods. My issue is that calls sound muffled through my side, I can’t hear what the person is saying. As soon as I put in an older AirPod, the call instantly sounds much clearer than with the new AirPod pros. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2019 1:15 PM in response to BenjaminKotthoff

The person I’m talking to can hear me just as well as with my gen 1 AirPods. My issue is that calls sound muffled through my side, I can’t hear what the person is saying. As soon as I put in an older AirPod, the call instantly sounds much clearer than with the new AirPod pros. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Feb 17, 2020 5:28 AM in response to Browndog217

Same issue for me, this muffled mic happens after i reset AirPods Pro,

Then nothing helps:

Changing mic for left or right

Reset Airpods Pro,

Connecting from bluetooth,

airpods Pro --- nothing work, just nothing, muffled mic, broken Active noise cancelation.

Pls look at this threads...

ANC issue - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250887615

Muffled mic on voice/video calls and voice recordings - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250813242

Dec 6, 2019 2:17 PM in response to Browndog217

Hi,

I had this problem as well (as I noted directly above). However, I have found it goes away for me if I switch from noise cancellation to transparency. In transparency mode, not only do other people hear me well (which was also true for noise cancelling mode), but I also hear them clearly.

If this works for other people it may indicate that Apple sets the frequency equalization of phone calls correctly for transparency mode, but does not make the appropriate changes for noise cancellation.

Jan 21, 2020 5:15 AM in response to Browndog217

I can hear people perfectly clear when on the phone, however I have received multiple comments from different people saying that I sound muffled and I'm not sure if its because the pro's stem isnt as long and thats just the way they are or if mine are faulty. My colleague has the version 2 airpods and we work in the same place and have tested both and his sound much clearer to the person he is speaking to, are other people finding the pro's aren't good at picking up your voice or should I look at getting replaced?

AirPod pro call quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.