Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp internal error

Have the same problem like here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250633590

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

macOS Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88)

When external hdd connected i see this one:

after remove at all times get this. restart not helps...

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 12:32 PM

15 replies

Dec 9, 2019 7:07 PM in response to Tumbles1982

Tumbles1982 wrote:

Is there a work around for this? a config file that can be edited to make bootcamp assistant disregard checking if there's a second drive in the system?

Yes, by using a standard partitioning scheme that BC Assistant supports.

How could a totally unrelated second internal drive somehow make running bootcamp assistant not possible?

The 'second' (or nth) disk is on the same connection, and is visible to the installer, firmware, applications, etc.,.

The only Mac on which multiple independent internal drives are supported by BC Assistant is the legacy Tower MacPro. On such towers, the only supported configurations are

• A single disk, or,
  • Two disks, one dedicated to Windows.
  • All other physical disks must be removed during the installation of Windows, but can be connected later.

BCA uses the Mac Model Identifier and supported disk layouts to allow partitioning.

Nov 9, 2019 8:03 AM in response to Loner T

** Checking the container superblock.

** Checking the EFI jumpstart record.

** Checking the space manager.

** Checking the space manager free queue trees.

** Checking the object map.

** Checking volume.

** Checking the APFS volume superblock.

** The volume Macintosh HD - Data was formatted by diskmanagementd (945.241.4) and last modified by apfs_kext (1412.41.1).

** Checking the snapshot metadata tree.

** Checking the snapshot metadata.

** Checking the extent ref tree.

** Checking the fsroot tree.

** Checking volume.

** The volume Preboot was formatted by newfs_apfs (748.21.6) and last modified by apfs_kext (1412.41.1).

** Checking volume.

** The volume Recovery was formatted by newfs_apfs (748.21.6) and last modified by apfs_kext (1412.41.1).

** Checking volume.

** The volume VM was formatted by newfs_apfs (748.21.6) and last modified by apfs_kext (1412.41.1).

** Checking volume.

** The volume Macintosh HD was formatted by diskmanagementd (1412.11.7) and last modified by apfs_kext (1412.41.1).

** Verifying allocated space.

** The volume /dev/rdisk1 appears to be OK.

Dec 9, 2019 7:31 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks for this reply the more info the better. Because I consider myself a power user and don't mind having to re-format drives and reinstall mac os as required, I would be very interested in how to work around this. Somewhere in the code there must be conditions stating macprox,x is support for two disks, one dedicated to windows. I would like to know where this is and insert my iMac18,3 in its place and see what happens. Are you able to point me in the right direction?

Failing that I will have to try opening up the iMac again, unplugging the main NVMe MacOS drive, boot up the second ssd and recover Mac OS, run boot camp, get windows going, clone this disk to another drive, reformat and reclone so that windows now has the whole drive, reinstall the original mac os nvme drive, then seal it all back up again!

Boot Camp internal error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.