Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 7 stuck on iPhone update requested and saying it will try to install update later tonight?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 2:58 PM

2 replies

Nov 13, 2019 10:58 AM in response to Tori_2u

Good evening Tori_2u,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are having issues with "No Service" on your iPhone 7 trying to update the iOS software. Check the resource below to see if your iPhone is included in this repair program:

iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues

For help with updating your iPhone take a look at this article: Get help with over-the-air iOS updates

Take care.

Nov 13, 2019 11:08 AM in response to Tori_2u

It looks like your phone has automatically downloaded a previous update, which you never installed. 13.1.3 isn't the latest anymore, which is why you cannot install this version any longer. The latest is 13.2.2.

You would now need to delete the downloaded update first, go to Settings --> General --> iPhone Storage.

Search for a file called "Update" or "iOS 13.1.3" and delete that file. It has the same icon as the Settings app.

Then download the latest iOS 13.2.2 instead and install it. (Settings --> General --> Software Update).

Another solution is to update with iTunes on a computer.

Why is my iPhone 7 stuck on iPhone update requested and saying it will try to install update later tonight?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.