Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sort songs within an Apple Music Playlist - by Artist, Song Name, etc

We can set sorting for playlist in iTunes, but seems it's not possible with Apple Music app for iOS.

When I delete or add songs to playlists using iTunes, yes, it automatically syncs with my iPhone (Apple Music app) but sorting which was set it iTunes for that playlsit seems to be ignored, whichever sorting/order I set in iTunes it doesn't reflect in Apple Music app.

How can I solve this problem? Why Apple Music app doesn't have such sort feature for playlists?

I just want to sort my track by release date and see that order in Apple Music app (not only in iTunes)

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 4:21 PM

I found the way (but still you need iTunes to set order on your iOS device).

- Open iTunes

- Right click on a playlist

- Select Copy to Play Order to set the default order for this playlist when copied to a device

1 reply

Sort songs within an Apple Music Playlist - by Artist, Song Name, etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.