Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to force my iPad to get the last update installed? It seems to get stuck onto “last update requested” for a long time now

My iPad is stuck and I have now access to a super speedy WiFi. I want to force the update now and not later. How can I do?

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 1:02 PM

If you have access to iTunes on a computer, I would try connecting your iPad to a computer using the latest iTunes and try upgrading your iPad through iTunes.

Other than that, I have no other ideas, either.

8 replies

Nov 9, 2019 3:43 AM in response to MichelPM

Hi Michel

thank you for your response.

This is an iPad Pro 10.5-inch running 12.4.1 iOS.

I want to install 13.1.2 one.

it is stuck on « estimated time remaining » written below the IOS title in software update panel.

« update requested... » is displayed right bellow this panel, in grey.

tests already done:

• push the automatic update to « on »
  • reboot
  • lock the device, plugged to a power source, WiFi on

I am out of ideas...

Nov 9, 2019 4:04 PM in response to MichelPM

Nothing is on my phone I use full iCloud facilities of course. Once I was robbed of my iPhone and that was a painful enough experience !

I am taking a risk here but am using more my iPhone than my iPad so it is mitigated. I send my most valuable docs / memories via WhatsApp that I backup everyday so I should be Ok, even if the unlikely event of a destroyed iCloud I should be less affected than other.

I hate using PCs !

How to force my iPad to get the last update installed? It seems to get stuck onto “last update requested” for a long time now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.