Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is It Impossible to Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication in iOS 13.x?

I cannot find a way to turn off Two Factor Authentication in iOS 13.2. Is it possible?

I am clearing my iPhone XR and selling it, but my new iPhone 11 will not arrive until 5 days later. In the mean time I want to be able to sign into my iCloud account on my Windows laptop. However, I have no other Apple devices to receive the Two Factor Authentication code. Thus I want to disable Two Factor Authentication during that 5 days.

"Two-factor authentication for Apple ID" in Apple Support at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915 does not address turning it off.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2019 6:34 PM

The "Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?" section of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

has information about turning it off. Note that it cannot be turned off if it has been on for more than two weeks.

However you can (and should) set up multiple trusted phone numbers. They can be Android phones, land lines, friends or relatives phones. You can then use the following instructions from that same link:

What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2019 6:34 PM in response to cyberbiker

The "Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?" section of Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

has information about turning it off. Note that it cannot be turned off if it has been on for more than two weeks.

However you can (and should) set up multiple trusted phone numbers. They can be Android phones, land lines, friends or relatives phones. You can then use the following instructions from that same link:

What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number.

Is It Impossible to Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication in iOS 13.x?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.