Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ad for Apple Music popping up on iTunes

This just started. On my brand new iPad Pro, when I choose a song within an iTunes playlist I get a pop up ad for Apple Music. I do NOT want Apple Music and I do NOT want to have this Ad preventing me from playing a song in the middle of a playlist. I am a fitness instructor and occasionally want to skip around in a playlist. This is very annoying and unacceptable. How can I disable this?

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 10:36 AM

Hi there, Austin Ed.

I see that you're interrupted when you play music on your iPad Pro. You keep seeing ads to subscribe to Apple Music. You'd like it to stop, and I'm glad to help.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music -- On your iPad Pro, go to Settings > Music and make sure that "Show Apple Music" and "Sync Library" are off.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2019 10:36 AM in response to Austin Ed

Hi there, Austin Ed.

I see that you're interrupted when you play music on your iPad Pro. You keep seeing ads to subscribe to Apple Music. You'd like it to stop, and I'm glad to help.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music -- On your iPad Pro, go to Settings > Music and make sure that "Show Apple Music" and "Sync Library" are off.

Take care.

Nov 14, 2019 12:40 PM in response to Austin Ed

Thanks for getting back to us, Austin Ed. Since you'd already made sure Show Apple Music was off, please contact Apple Support.

Apple - Support - Product Selection — After selecting this link, choose Music, Apps & Services > Apple Music > Other Apple Music Topics > The topic is not listed. Briefly describe the issue, then select how you'd like to start the conversation.

Take care.

Ad for Apple Music popping up on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.