Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto after OS Catalina installation

I would like to know where my the photos in my Photo went and how do I retrieve them, since the iPhoto APP is no longer being used?

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 8:04 PM

that wouldn’t have worked, I had already tried that. The iPhoto folder had synced to my Photos app. Using the “opt” key while opening the “Photos” app opened up the “system library” to allow me to see the two folders and select one to open. Once I selected the “photo” library of my 1,875 photo from 2016-current they were visible and accessible! I’m not sure if I framed my question correctly, but another community member had this answer and it worked!! I was so pleased, because I knew they were there just had no clue of how to access the folder! Thank you though for your response!!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2019 8:04 PM in response to Niel

that wouldn’t have worked, I had already tried that. The iPhoto folder had synced to my Photos app. Using the “opt” key while opening the “Photos” app opened up the “system library” to allow me to see the two folders and select one to open. Once I selected the “photo” library of my 1,875 photo from 2016-current they were visible and accessible! I’m not sure if I framed my question correctly, but another community member had this answer and it worked!! I was so pleased, because I knew they were there just had no clue of how to access the folder! Thank you though for your response!!

iPhoto after OS Catalina installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.