You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On the Desktop Screen of my MacBookAir, icons have saved themselves onto the screen. How do I delete these? Here is what they look like: Horizontal Rectangle with 3 info lines indicated as Name: (file name), Tags: (none), Where: (folder name).

On the Desktop Screen of my MacBookAir, icons have saved themselves onto the screen. How do I delete these? Here is what they look like: Horizontal Rectangle with 3 info lines indicated as Name: (file name), Tags: (none), Where: (folder name).

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 9:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 10:54 AM

Hey there MarciaC944,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some boxes on your Mac desktop that will not go away. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Restart your Mac and see if these still show:

How to turn your Mac on or off

If that doesn’t help, see if this occurs in safe boot to isolate and possibly resolve this issue:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let me know if this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2019 10:54 AM in response to MarciaC944

Hey there MarciaC944,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you have some boxes on your Mac desktop that will not go away. I’ll be happy to help with this.

Restart your Mac and see if these still show:

How to turn your Mac on or off

If that doesn’t help, see if this occurs in safe boot to isolate and possibly resolve this issue:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Let me know if this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.